Dear Hawthorn Hill Families,
After listening to parent feedback provided in our Spring, 2019 fundraising survey, we have decided to try something new! This year, our primary school fundraiser will be Hero’s Color Run! We know that parents want fundraising to be fun, easy, and not require a huge time commitment. We do not ask students to sell wrapping paper, chocolate, magazine subscriptions, or other items. We know that some parents just want the opportunity to make a donation. Hero’s Color Run is your opportunity to ‘Make A Difference’ for our school. The PTA is requesting your support to meet our budget and provide the following to our students, teachers, and building:
- Reduced field trip fees as the PTA supplements field trip costs for all students.
- Supplies and inflatables for class parties for Kindergarten through 5th grade and supplies for 6th grade recognition/family picnic.
- Vouchers for teachers to purchase classroom supplies. It is very common for teachers to spend their own money on classroom supplies. We provide a voucher to every Hawthorn Hill teacher to purchase classroom supplies that they would otherwise forego or use their own money to purchase.
- Updates for the art, music, and physical education programs (the specials). All students have art, music, and p.e and will benefit from the updates, including: tables for the patio outside the art room, more ukuleles and stands for the xylophones for music, and an outdoor frisbee golf course for physical education.
Our fundraising week will begin Friday, September 20th and it will conclude with Hero’s Color Run on Friday, September 27, 2019. In order to meet our fundraising goal of $25,000, we are asking every student to contribute or raise $50.00. We have made it very easy for students to ask family and friends to help them reach their $50.00 goal. Hawthorn Hill has partnered with Get Movin’ for Hero’s Color Run. FundHub powered by Get Movin’ gives us an online partnership to expand beyond our own community and reach the world for donation support through online student fundraising webpages. Your student’s personal fundraising page can be shared via email, text, Facebook, or Twitter. We are also able to accept credit/debit card donations, in addition to cash & checks (payable to HHE PTA).
Here is how you can help:
- Register your child by visiting https://www.getmovinfundhub.com/register?school_uuid=5d41b8d92bda2. Once your child is registered, you can share your child’s student fundraising page through email and/or social media. It’s easy, free, and secure.
- Send in your donation. Donations can be received starting Monday, September 23rd through Friday, September 27th. Donations can be sent to school in the envelope that will be sent home with your student. Cash or checks, payable to HHE PTA, are preferred but credit card donations can also be submitted through your child’s student fundraising page at https://www.getmovinfundhub.com/.
- Plan on cheering your child on through Hero’s Color Run on Friday, September 27th! If you are interested in helping to toss color or work the obstacle stations, please click here.
We are grateful for whatever financial help you can provide as we ‘Make A Difference’ for our children, our school, and our community. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, with any questions you may have about Hero’s Color Run. Thank you in advance for your support!
Hawthorn Hill Elementary PTA