As the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the nation, National PTA has established programs and and called for legislation that improves our children’s lives. Locally, we have the opportunity to do that on Tuesday, June 2nd. Together we can make a difference for our community by voting for the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District No-Tax-Rate-Increase Bond Issue. The bond will fund renovations, additions, and other improvements to address safety, parity, and capacity in district facilities. It will reinvest in infrastructure and provide innovative learning environments for students – from the youngest learners to district high schoolers.
Proposed Bond Projects Include:
- The renovation and reorganization of Lee’s Summit High School, replacing and modernizing aging infrastructure, connecting campus buildings through a corridor large enough to adequately serve all students, relocating and creating an up-to-date Library Media Center, and adding some flexible and collaborative learning spaces
- Building the district’s fourth middle school and renovation at the existing three middle schools. These projects offer the opportunity to include 6th graders in the extended academic and extra-curricular choice of what will become a three-year middle school experience and create more space for programming and project-based learning capacity at the elementary schools.
- Building an addition at Mason Elementary to expand its capacity to a four-tier school, housing four classes per grade with modern flexible learning spaces. Improving entryway access, including adding an updated new entryway for improved safety and security.
- Creating a second Early Education Center, using existing space at the Prairie View Elementary campus, providing an additional permanent facility dedicated to critical academic support for our youngest learners.
- Improving the outdoor athletic/activities facilities at all R-7 high schools to improve safety and parity, including building district owned baseball/softball fields for the student-athletes of Lee’s Summit High School.
- Safety and security updates will be included within each project and enhanced throughout all buildings in the district. Fencing at elementary schools will be improved to create consistent playground safety across the district.
These projects are so important in supporting LSR-7 in its effort to increase the achievement of every child and to ensure equitable access to future ready learning environments.
We encourage you to learn more at www.R7Together.com . Approval of the issue will NOT raise our tax rate and is a vote for our students, our families, and our community.
Every vote is important.
Please Note:Your voting site may have changed for the June 2nd election. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Election Board has consolidated polling sites and there will be fewer locations this year. It is recommended you confirm your polling place with your county clerk or election board.
We hope you will join us at the polls on June 2nd. Together, let’s cast a “YES” vote for the Lee’s Summit R-7 No-Tax-Rate-Increase Bond issue.